Resources for Schools and
We have compiled some useful resources to help schools and daycare centers in this turbulent times, including financial and informational resources.
If you know of a helpful resource we should include in this list, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT CORONAVIRUS-RELATED LINKS
Free Online Spanish Classes & Resources
We want to bring the joy of learning another language right to your school! Visit our page for a free online class schedule and to watch videos, download materials and play language learning games!
If your facility is currently open, your staff and children can participate in our free online Spanish classes.
If your facility is currently closed, please feel free to share this resource with your families, as they can participate in our free online Spanish class from home.
Bring a World Language to your School or Daycare Center!
Schools and daycare centers will re-open soon, and we would love to be a part of your school community! Bring the joy of learning another language to your school!
No Kid Hungry is offering a grant for emergency meals. https://www.nokidhungry.org/coronavirus-grant-request
- Texas Comptroller information about sales tax help available. https://comptroller.texas.gov/about/emergency/
- Early Education Grants by Texas Education Agency. This grant is not specific to COVID-19 and you have to write a grant proposal, but it is worth considering. https://tea.texas.gov/academics/early-childhood-education/ece-grants
- Government Daycare Center Grants – article by Chron. https://smallbusiness.chron.com/government-daycare-center-grants-12723.html
- First Five Years Fund provides details con child care relief in the COVID-19 economic stimulus package. https://www.ffyf.org/details-on-child-care-relief-in-the-senates-covid-19-economic-stimulus-bill/
- Child Care Aware provides a list of emergency funding resources for child care providers. https://info.childcareaware.org/blog/emergency-funding-resources-that-child-care-providers-can-use-now
- Child Care Aware provides a webinar recording that discusses the Coronavirus Stimulus Bill updates and resources for Early Childhood programs . Click here to view.
- Texas Workforce Commission resources for childcare. https://www.twc.texas.gov/news/covid-19-resources-child-care
- Workforce Commission document regarding Health and Safety for Child Care Facilities during COVID-19 (PDF document). https://www.twc.texas.gov/files/policy_letters/attachments/07-20-att-1-twc.pdf
- Texans Care for Children document regarding actions related to child care programs participating in the state’s subsidy system. http://www.texasaeyc.org/UserFiles/Servers/Server_5273627/File/Resources/COVID/TWC%20Actions%20Related%20to%20COVID-19.pdf
- CLI Engage provides teacher resources for COVID-19 https://cli-main.org/public/tools/materials/covid-19-teacher/
- Early Childhood Investigations provides the webinar “Bracing for COVID-19: What Early Childhood Programs Need to Know and Consider Now. https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2241834245782501123
- Texas Workforce Commission – Office of Employer Initiatives – Slides on the 4/17/20 presentation “How can the Texas Workforce Commission Assist You? Programs and Tools to Aid Small Businesses Child Care Programs and their Employees during the Current Turbulent Period”. https://www.twc.texas.gov/files/businesses/slides-041720-conference-call-small-business-supports-twc.pdf
- Texas Workforce Commission – PDF Guide for Child Care Programs on New Unemployment Compensation from CARES Act. https://www.twc.texas.gov/files/partners/resources-for-child-care-programs-handouts-twc.pdf
Grants at the National Level
- Save Small Business Fund: Launched by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, it provides up to $5,000 for businesses affected by COVID-19 that are located in a vulnerable area that employ between 3 and 30 people. https://www.uschamber.com/press-release/us-chamber-of-commerce-launches-nationwide-save-small-business-initiative
- Hello Alice. Verizon is offering emergency grants of up to $10,000 for companies impacted by COVID-19. https://businessforall.helloalice.com/
- Google Advertising Grant. Google is offering $340 million in advertising grants. You must already have an active Google Ads account, and a credit will be added automatically to your account. https://www.inc.com/jason-aten/google-unveiled-a-massive-stimulus-program-of-its-own-including-340-million-for-small-businesses.html
- Facebook will assist small businesses with a 40 million dollar fund which is available at some locations only. Houston is not in the list yet but they are updating the list constantly. https://www.facebook.com/business/boost/grants
- GoFundMe Grant. GoFundMe partnered with Quickbooks, Yelp, GoDaddy and Bill.com to give small business a $500 grant if they raise at least $500 on GoFundMe. https://www.gofundme.com/f/smallbusinessrelieffund
- Red Backpack Fund. The Red Backpack Fund, started by Spanx’s Sara Blakeley, is giving 1,000 grants of $5,000 each to female entrepreneurs in the U.S. The next round of grants will open on May 4.
Grants at the State Level
- Texas Grants for Preschools, Early Childhood Grants. This is a list of grants by GrantWatch. https://texas.grantwatch.com/cat/26/preschool-grants.html
- AssistHer Emergency Relief Grant. Texas Women’s University is giving $10,000 grants for women entrepreneurs whose business has been affected by COVID-10. https://twu.edu/center-women-entrepreneurs/assisther-emergency-relief-grant/
- Texas Black Expo Grant. Texas Black Expo is offering $1,000-$10,000 grants to business owners who have been in business for two years, are currently open and have been affected by COVID-19. https://www.inc.com/gabrielle-bienasz/small-business-grants-2020.html
Grant and Loan Trackers
- This is a great resource from Duke university that tracks both loans and grants, both locally and nationally. https://www.appsheet.com/start/b623f7ad-9fc1-4f97-9d0e-f44983032d2a#appName=COVIDResource-1340872&page=dashboard&table=CASE+COVID19+Capital+Resources+for+Entrepreneurs&view=The+#COVID19CapitalRelief+Dashboard
- GrantWatch tracks grants that small businesses and non-profits can apply for. https://www.grantwatch.com/