Language Kids WORLD
Bring the WORLD to Your Child ™
COVID-19 Safety Protocol & Procedures
Teacher & Staff Training
- Teachers and staff members will receive training for cleaning and sanitizing classrooms and play areas, as well as procedures for monitoring camper’s health. All teachers will wear facemasks both indoors and outdoors.
COVID-19 Pre-Camp Protocols
- We will not require campers to be tested for COVID-19 prior to camp, but we request that parents monitor their child’s temperature and screen for any symptoms (as well as any other person living in the child’s household) for the 14 days prior to camp.
- Please let us know immediately if any person living with the child has been diagnosed with COVI-19 or has been in close contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Parents or caregivers must complete a COVID-19 Questionnaire before the first day of camp. This questionnaire will be emailed to you before the first day of camp and can be completed online.
- Every camper must have a current immunization record on file before the first day of camp to attend our programs.
COVID-19 Safety Protocols at Camp
- Language Kids World staff will check the temperature of all campers upon arrival. All staff members’ temperature will also be monitored upon arrival.
- We want to limit exposure to COVID-19, and we are limiting camp entrance to Language Kids World staff, campers and authorized personnel only. Only campers will be allowed inside the classrooms and areas where camp takes place. Parents or authorized caregivers must drop their children off and pick their children up at camp either via the carpool or by the camp entrance and may not come inside the classrooms.
- All children must wear a mask during the day, except when eating lunch and snacks, or when drinking. Children will be at least 6 feet apart from each other during lunch time, when they are not wearing a mask. If parents approve, campers may take their facemask off during outdoor play (only when children are playing outside).
- We suggest not having anyone age 65 or older picking or dropping your child off, unless they are staying in their vehicle and dropping off or picking the child up via the carpool.
- If a child displays symptoms of COVID-19, we will call the child’s parent, authorized caregiver, or emergency contact immediately to pick their child up. The child will be isolated as much as possible and kept away from other children while he or she is being picked up.
- If a child or any person living with the child is diagnosed with COVID-19 or is exposed to a person diagnosed with COVID-19, parents or caregivers must let Language Kids World know immediately by calling 281-565-1388 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Language Kids World teachers and staff will carry out regular disinfecting and sanitation of the classrooms.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for campers and staff, and teachers and staff members will take campers in regular trips to wash their hands.