Resources for Parents
We have gathered a list of useful resources to support parents and families that have been affected by Cornoavirus.
If you know of a helpful resource, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Free virtual tours and educational resources
You can take your children in an amazing adventure around the world this summer! We have compiled a list of museums and attractions that offer free virtual tours as well as other educational resources.
RESOURCES FOR PARENTS
- Texas Rising Star provides financial Assistance for Families to Pay for Child Care https://texasrisingstar.org/parents/financial-assistance-for-child-care/
- Texas Workforce Commission. Parents can apply for child care financial aid. https://www.twc.texas.gov/covid-19-frontline-essential-worker-child-care
- Frontline Child Care provides information and resources for frontline (essential) workers. https://frontlinechildcare.texas.gov/
- Texas Workforce Commission list of various types of resources for parents. https://www.twc.texas.gov/files/partners/covid-19-parent-resources-twc.pdf
- Texas Department of Family and Protective Services – COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line. Call 1-833-986-1919 toll-free 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Help for Parents, Hope for Kids. http://www.helpandhope.org/
- Texas School Meal Finder. https://txschools.gov/
- Texas Department of Family and Protective Services – COVID-19 Tips for Caregivers. https://www.dfps.state.tx.us/About_DFPS/Coronavirus/documents/COVID-19_Tips_for_Caregivers.pdf
- American Academy of Pediatrics – Advice for Parents Experiencing Stress over COVID-19 https://www.aap.org/en-us/about-the-aap/aap-press-room/Pages/The-American-Academy-of-Pediatrics-Advises-Parents-Experiencing-Stress-over-COVID-19.aspx
- Healthy Children’s article about positive parenting and COVID-19: 10 Tips to Keep the Calm at Home. https://www.healthychildren.org/English/family-life/family-dynamics/communication-discipline/Pages/Positive-Parenting-and-COVID-19_10-Tips.aspx
- Birth Injury Justice Center – Many birth injuries are the result of medical negligence before, during, or after labor and delivery. Learning birth injury causes, signs, and treatments can empower and guide you as you take action to help your child. https://www.childbirthinjuries.com/birth-injury/
Free Online Spanish Classes & Resources for Preschool and Elementary School Students
We want to bring the joy of learning another language right to your home! Visit our page to watch videos, download materials and play language learning games!
We offer our online Spanish class for free to all families, schools and child care centers that are open. We will provide our free online classes into the summer 2020. If you are able and would like to pay any amount to help support us during this difficult time, please click the link below. We appreciate your support!
Bring a World Language to your School or Daycare Center!
Schools and daycare centers will re-open soon, and we would love to be a part of your school community! Bring the joy of learning another language to your school!
Join the Language Kids World Team
Do you love working with children? Are you passionate about sharing your culture and language with children and families? Do you have native-like proficiency in Spanish, Mandarin Chinese, French, English, Italian, Portuguese, German or another language?
We would love to hear from you! Please fill out an application here.