We have gathered a list of useful resources to support parents and families that have been affected by Cornoavirus.
If you know of a helpful resource, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Resources for Parents
- Texas Rising Star provides financial Assistance for Families to Pay for Child Care https://texasrisingstar.org/parents/financial-assistance-for-child-care/
- Texas Workforce Commission. Parents can apply for child care financial aid. https://www.twc.texas.gov/covid-19-frontline-essential-worker-child-care
- Frontline Child Care provides information and resources for frontline (essential) workers. https://frontlinechildcare.texas.gov/
- Texas Workforce Commission list of various types of resources for parents. https://www.twc.texas.gov/files/partners/covid-19-parent-resources-twc.pdf
- Texas Department of Family and Protective Services – COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line. Call 1-833-986-1919 toll-free 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Help for Parents, Hope for Kids. http://www.helpandhope.org/
- Texas School Meal Finder. https://txschools.gov/
- Texas Department of Family and Protective Services – COVID-19 Tips for Caregivers. https://www.dfps.state.tx.us/About_DFPS/Coronavirus/documents/COVID-19_Tips_for_Caregivers.pdf
- American Academy of Pediatrics – Advice for Parents Experiencing Stress over COVID-19 https://www.aap.org/en-us/about-the-aap/aap-press-room/Pages/The-American-Academy-of-Pediatrics-Advises-Parents-Experiencing-Stress-over-COVID-19.aspx
- Healthy Children’s article about positive parenting and COVID-19: 10 Tips to Keep the Calm at Home. https://www.healthychildren.org/English/family-life/family-dynamics/communication-discipline/Pages/Positive-Parenting-and-COVID-19_10-Tips.aspx
- Birth Injury Justice Center – Many birth injuries are the result of medical negligence before, during, or after labor and delivery. Learning birth injury causes, signs, and treatments can empower and guide you as you take action to help your child. https://www.childbirthinjuries.com/birth-injury/